Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Thank You Jesus!

One year ago, I accepted Jesus into my life. That was a powerful moment. I can still tell you who was with me and where it happen. It all seems like just yesterday.

I was in my living room after church when we recieved a phone call. It was from a friend of mine asking if we would mind a visit from some fellow church members. We said sure and within a few minutes there were a total of 6 of us sitting in our living room discussing what James and I thought of the church. The conversation casually turned into if we believed in Jesus. As we sat there and talked with these people my friend was sitting right beside me. She was squeezing my hand the entire time, encouraging me silently to ask any questions I had. No judgement was ever cast down on me. It was a brand new experiance for me.

Usually when asked about my beliefs there was nothing but judgement but these people made me feel safe in a way to lay everything out there for them. In that moment I felt this overwhelming feeling of love. These strangers that didn't even know who I was were hoding there hands out to me telling me that it was ok to take the dive. It was ok to walk blindly into a faith I had no knowledge about. It was ok as long as I knew that Jesus loves me and that he died for ME. These people really opened my eyes and helped show me that Jesus is real. Just in that short amount of time talking with them. JESUS IS REAL!

That day was October 12, 2008. I know now that Jesus is with me everyday. He loves me for my faults and failures. He loves me weather I go to church or not. He loves me because He is in my heart, in my life.

All these people that came to my house that day I really owe them a big thank you. I know that they will say that I owe them nothing, that it was my time to know Jesus and accept Jesus. God was using them as an instrument to assist me in finding my way back to Him. But I still think that if it wasn't because of them I would not know Jesus. I would still be walking around as a lost soul.

To that friend of mine who sat there and held my hand the whole time, I owe you more than you will ever know. I know we both have a lot going on in our lives right now but I want you to know that you have done more for me than just encourage me. You have helped answer my questions that I have had along the way and have never once judged me for anything that I have asked. I hope you know that you have helped me be a better person and a better mother and wife. Without you I really have no idea waht my life would be like right now.

Over the past year I have discovered a lot about myself. I have learned a lot from God and what he wants me to do. Right now, I feel like I am at a stand still. For a long time I felt like I was slipping backwards but now I just feel like I am standing still. I have no church family, or anyone to talk to about my questions regarding my faith anymore but still somehow I find myself sharing Jesus everyday. I know this a growing point for me through Him. I have to have faith that He knows exactly what He is doing and that He is guiding me in the right direction.

I hope that one day I can share my story with Carly in hopes that she can make the decision that she sees that is right for herself. Until that day I can only give her the knowledge that I have and hope that is good enough!

Love you all that read this and talk to you soon! <3

2 comments:

carebear said...

Thanks for sharing such a private moment. I'm happy for you Dawn! :) many blessings to you and your family.

Randi Jo :) said...

God is good, Dawn! :) and yes He does love you no matter what. You are valuable to Him. You are loved. You are His creation. and His child.

Let me know how I can help you along the journey - whether it be finding you a new church home or answering questions or trying to hook you up with somebody who can. Don't forget to ask HIM the questions first - run to Him first and lean on Him. talk to Him about what you're wondering about and all. He will answer (eventually) through people, situation or experience or softly to your spirit. It's not always the answer we want or when we want it, but He does answer. You can even look things up in the Word (that Bible has great resources in the back by subject/topic/question).

Stay blessed! :) Thank you Jesus