Tuesday, July 14, 2009

All I ever wanted

All I ever wanted was to have a wonderful loving and compassionate set of friends and family who really understand who I am and what I am worth. I can't choose my family but thank God He gave me my family. But I can choose my friends.

I am 25 years old and in high school I had a good bunch of friends. We went to each others houses, we would road trip to Myrtle Beach, go to the mall.... all kinds of things. As high school ended we all went our different ways. Since then, I have tried to find a new set of friends to do the same types of things with. Chit chat sessions, sisters to grow with. It is very hard to travel this road of life without a group of sisters. And it is so hard to find a group of sisters that will not judge or pressure you.


Since high school, I have had "friends" that were not good friends. I have been burned so many times with my "sisters" that it is hard to trust again. It is like if you have ever been in a relationship and you get cheated on and find out. Not a great feeling. Something you have to push through and move on from but then you get into another relationship that is the exact same thing. IT SUCKS. That is what I have been dealing with. It hurts and it isn't fair. It is time for me to weed out all the bad and surround myself with the good people in my life.

A person can only give so much before the rope breaks. My rope had broken and now it is time for me to piece it back together. I refuse to go through these fake motions anymore. It's not fait to me or my family.

No comments: