Saturday, November 8, 2008

5 years ago

5 years ago today I married my man of my dreams. He was sweet, charming and loving and took very good care of me. Fast forward 5 years and this man is even better. I never thought I could love someone as much as I love him. James has been one of the greatest influences in my life (although at times I have to wonder....) and I can't imagine my life without him.

We have been together for a total of 7 years and out of those 7 years not once had we been to church together up to this past couple weeks. We have done more with our relationship over these past 4 weeks than we have in the 7 years we have been together. We have found God and have meet a few couples that really inspire us to be better people. We went on a marriage retreat and while we got eaten up by mesquitos we learned a lot about ourselves and God. We were never the "Church going" people. We had been turned off to several religions/churches for all kinds of reasons but when we found Southside, we know that God had guided us in the right direction.

God, please help us in continueing to make our relationship blossom day by day. Please let us continue to learn more about each other each day. God, would you please help us get to know you better, love you more each day and help us raise our daughter to know you the way we want to. Please help us continue to grow our relationships with our faithful friends. We know that we are not perfect people and we never can be but help us in teaching us how you want us to be. God we love you and we thank you for keeping us together through everything we have been through together and for helping us stay together for everything to come.

2 comments:

Randi Jo :) said...

wow this entry just tore me up, in a great way. I don't know what is up with me - but it just made me soo emotional. He has transformed you all so much even in the short time I've known. I just feel so so so thankful that He allowed us to cross paths. This entry made me had a pretty hearty breakdown, thank you for it :)

God is so good. Keep on praising Him girl... so much more to come.

oh yaeh p.s. happy anniversary of 5 years!!!!!!!!!!!! :) and also so many of us were never the stereotypical 'chruch going' type. I wasn't either -- never really fit in fully at any churches growing up and I'm just now finding some niches at southside. God is doing something great @ Southside - look forward to seeing Him reveal His plans more and more! :)

252_D said...

So excited for you both, that you are trusting Christ, even through the rough patches. You will be tested. I'm so proud of you, and praying that God will strengthen your marriage and your faith and the ability to weather life's storms with renewed passion! We all need to get together, seriously!!