Sunday, December 14, 2008

So I am being childish...

Yes. I am really going to be childish and a little selfish on this post but I am allowed to do that every now and then. LOL.

So my birthday is Tuesday December 16. I am turning 25 this year. I have been looking foward to this birthday for a long time now. I will be completley and 100% legal to do everything that I want to do. But here's my thing.

For James' 25th birthday I threw him a surprise birthday party. And every year his mom takes his/us out to dinner for his birthday. Which I think is awesome. But, and this is a heavy but, what about me? Yes I know this is a very selfish question but every year that goes by I feel cheated out of my birthday because it is so close to Christmas. No one has time to celebrate with me, or to throw me a surprise birthday party. I get cards that are combination birthday/christmas cards. This has always irrated me. Birthdays and Christmas are 2 SEPARATE celebrations that people need acknowledge seperatly.

I feel a little bad about having these feelings but this really does upset me.

Example for this year, for my birthday I asked for hoodies and a day where I didn't have to worry about watching Carly. Don't get me wrong, I love my child but we all need a break, right? I had to buy the hoodies myself and didn't get that full day to myself. Every year something happens to really bring me down. I am just so tired of it you know.

I know I should just be greatful to be living and have Christ in my life but I guess I am just envious from what I see everyone else gets.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Totally understand! My birthday is three weeks after Christmas. I always go all out for Brian's birthday (which is in July, but still). One year a party at Rum Runners, another year at the bowling alley, last year a birthday party at his best friend's house (who also shares the same birthday). He always gets cake for his birthday, etc. I get taken out to dinner for mine; which yeah its nice to have a "date" with my husband alone, but still...I always have higher expectations though, never happens.