Saturday, December 20, 2008

Too tired

You know you go through those periods of your life where you feel like everything is moving too fast? I am going through that right now. I feel like I am doing everything for everyone else but myself. You know, trying to take care of Carly, clean the house, go to work, cook dinner. ETC, ETC, ETC. You get to a point where you are drained and want to give everything up and start over. Boy do I wish I could do that on some days.

This time of year gets even worse for me. As I am sure it is for most people. But there is a place to stop! I have to start saying no to things. I have to start focusing more on myself and less on other people. Because if I don't I am never going to be happy. And isn't that what God wants me to be? Happy?

1 comment:

Randi Jo :) said...

yes definitely take time to stop running around and just relax at the house together.

take quiet time every day just to be. whether it be laying on your bed. in a chair. mommies need time outs. give herself time outs!

Merry Christmas!!!

i am about to send you an email my friend Erin sent me that is really relevant to this. xoxo

remember the things we feel we "need" to do --- are not really as necessary as we think. prioritize the things you need to do.... quiet time is on the top.

love u