Wednesday, October 15, 2008

What to do?

I have been at my current job for almost 18 months. From January 2008 until August 2008 I worked 40 hours a week for almost every single week. I fought and fought with my employer to give me the full time status and for all that time they continued to tell me that there weren't any full time postions available. So I told them to cut my hours down to part time hours. 2 weeks after that, my employer came up to me and offered me an assisitant manager position, which was full time. But there was no telling when I would move into that position. So I declined. Then we got a new manager and he was unaware of all of this that had happen. I love our new manager. He is very nice and full of faith, in both what I do and God himself. I feel very blessed to have this manager in my life. But now he keeps pushing me to go full time. And James and I are trying to get pregnant with our 2nd child. (My 1st pregnancy did not go so smoothly. I had to take a leave of absence from my job.) And I would hate to take the full time position and then the very next month have to take a leave of absence because I was so sick. How come things seem to land in your lap at the most inappropriate times. I need to do some praying.

2 comments:

Randi Jo :) said...

continue to ask for guidance... not sure I have any specific advice for you. :( keep me posted.

Randi Jo :) said...

continue to ask for guidance... not sure I have any specific advice for you. :( keep me posted.