Sunday, October 12, 2008

Finding faith In God

James and I have been together for almost 7 years now and not once have we gone to church together. Well, we went for the first time today and I think that both of us are changed for the better. We filled out a guest card when we left and later today they called asking if it would be ok for a visit. We said yes.

Now, usually, when church pleople come by it us all about preaching to us about what we are doing wrong and how we need to better our lives so we were a bit apprehensive at first but we figured why not. What did we have to loose?

Nothing! We gained insight to the best church we have ever stepped foot in and let me tell you it was an eye opening experiance. Everyone was laid back and we felt welcome from the first step onto the property! Never have we been welcome like that. It was so overwhelming!

But now both James and I have accepted Christ as our one and only Savior and we are on our way to knowing Him and His life! We want Him in our lives and we NEED Him in our lives.

Thanks to Randi Jo and Brandon for opening there arms and welcoming us so warmly into their church. Both of us really do appreciate it!

5 comments:

252_D said...

We love you guys so much and are excited for you! God has indeed brought us together! We will walk arm in arm you as you grow! You're awesome! See ya soon!

Unknown said...

I am so glad I got to be present when you decided to accept the Lord into your hearts and lives. "If you confess with your heart that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved." I'm so excited for you two and I hope to be a close friend to you.

Randi Jo :) said...

YAY!!! :) We love you guys!!! Welcome to the beginning of a new and eternal life!! Welcome to the family!

All the credit goes to God! You continued to seek Him girl and He was faithfully there! He will continue to be there for you always. He loves you girl!! I am so thankful that He used us in your lives --- HE IS SO AWESOME!!! :)

love ya, see u soon! :)

Jenn W. said...

That's wonderful! I have more recently finally found my church home. It took several years and visits to many different churches in the area before I found one that was right for me.

I'm excited for you!

Jim King said...

It was great getting to meet both of you yesterday. You are a special couple and have a beautful daughter !

“For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”
- Jeremiah 29:11