Thursday, September 4, 2008

Crazy at work..

I tell you can work possibly kill me anymore? I went into work at 6:30am and I was actually really far ahead than usual which I was really syched by. Then all hell broke loose. Customers started coming in. And they kept coming ALL DAY LONG! Buying water, 40 gallons at a time. No I am not kidding. I had 2 customers come through my line and by 40 gallons of water! What the hell are you going to do with all of that? I mean, I know there is a storm and all but 40 gallons? Seriously people, calm down. It's going to be ok. Plus, people buying 8-10 loaves of bread. And this was happening at 8 am. I needed a loaf of bread so I went over tot he bread aisle and the bread was almost all gone. 1 hour after we opened our doors. I know that some people freak out when even the thought of a storm is mentioned but you have to give other people the basic needs in life. Stop buying it all for yourself because you are scared you are going to be left alone for weeks and weeks at a time. Not going to happen.

On top of that, I was suppose to leave at 3pm today. You know what time I got out of there? 5:30pm! That's right! 11 hour day. Lucky me.

2 comments:

Jenn W. said...

This reminds me of when I use to work at Home Depot during hurricane season...I don't miss it at all this time of year!

carebear said...

This reminds me of what Atlanta does when we're predicted to get a dusting of snow. Quite amusing...when you are just observing and dealing with the customers. :)